The Khiron Clinic
Our highest level of care is a possible alternative to hospital offering individual programmes to a small number of patients
Our newest unit meets the demand for people who are assessed as needing a higher level of care than our Khiron House residential community programme and yet feel that a typical psychiatric hospital or clinic is unable to meet their needs.
The programme is informed by the same treatment methodology as Khiron House prioritising understanding and treating the nervous system to address underlying causes of symptoms.
We provide a safe and comfortable environment for clients who are experiencing distress and crisis which is often otherwise only treated in a hospital.
The unit is staffed by therapists, nurses and healthcare assistants. The goal is safely to treat and to stabilise clients in preparation for transition to Khiron House or further outpatient treatment.
The group and individual therapy programme includes:
- Programmes for nervous system stablisation
- Nurse-led safety planning
- One-to-one care management
- Joined-up communication with other professionals
- Courtyard location in rural setting
- One-to-one specialist therapy
- Group therapy and activities
- Somatic experiencing
- Sensorimotor psychotherapy
- Eye movement desensitisation and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Structural dissociation therapy
- Craniosacral therapy
- Tai chi
- Art therapy
- Nutritional therapy
For more details about assessment and admission please contact us.
Or find out more about our other levels of care and clinics.